There are so many fun things to do by yourself that you might be missing out on for fear that you need a companion for them to be enjoyable, but you totally don't. Whether you're single or in a relationship, you absolutely don't need a significant other, or a group of friends, to try new things. Some of the fun things to do alone outside might intimidate you, but they're well worth taking yourself outside of your comfort zone for.
Everyone needs some "me" time every now and then, whether that means relaxing poolside with a captivating book, exploring nature solo, cooking, or trying a new activity. Be inspired to venture out (or stay in) sans significant other or troop of friends with these 32 things to do by yourself.@thevicstyles
1. Pack up aВ picnic and enjoy an afternoon at the park. Bring your favorite snacks, a good book, and a comfy blanket.
2. Go to a museum. Wander the halls and attempt to understand modern art with no one else around to impress.
3. Pick out a new pasta recipe, buy all the ingredients, and do your best to replicate the dish at home.@babba.c
4. Take a walk around your neighborhood. You can put on a fun playlist or simply listen to the sounds around you.
5. Go shopping. And we mean actually shopping, not online shopping. Browse your favorite shops and take home something that tempts you to wear it right out of the store.
6. Put your green thumb to the test and invest inВ houseplants to brighten up your home, or try your hand at gardening.В@littleblackboots
7. Put on a swimsuit and head to the pool, the beach, or the lake. Flip through a magazine and soak up the sun (but don't forget the sunscreen).
8. Enroll in a class. Whether you're interested in photography, ceramics, painting, writing, cooking, graphic design, or anything in between, there's likely a local class you can take to hone your craft and meet like-minded people.
9. Head to the farmers market to change up yourВ grocery shopping routine.@ada_oguntodu
10. Stay home andВ indulge in a few guilty pleasures. Walk around in your underwear, eat your favoriteВ foods, read a book, catch up on your current TV obsession, write in your journal-do all the things you forget to do when you're too busy spending time with other people.
11. Rent a bike and see your neighborhood from a new perspective while getting in a fun workout.
12.В Organize your closet.В Donate anything you haven't worn in the last six months and find a place for any forgotten jewelry, shoes, and miscellaneous objects.
13. Try out a new sport. You can join an adult league for just about anything from beach volleyballВ and tennis, to kickball and soccer.
14. Take yourself out toВ lunch. Do your best to forget about your phone and simply enjoy eating a good meal alone.
15. Head to the theater andВ see a movie you've been dying to watch. Find a matinee and take pleasure in not having to share the popcorn with anyone else.@claire_most
16. Make aВ list of things you want to accomplish, whether it be in the short or long term future. Brainstorm how you can make some of them happen.
17. Have a staycation. Book a stay at a luxe hotel in your city and enjoy fluffy white robes, room service, and blackout shades.
18. Try out a new workout class. Most yoga, Pilates, and Spin studios offer a free trial to new members,В so take advantage. You might just stumble upon your new favorite hobby.@adenorah
19. Go thrifting. Head to a flea market, thrift store, or swap meet and see what hidden treasures you come home with.
20.В VolunteerВ for a cause that means something to you. It can be as simple as visiting dogs at an animal shelter or spending time with the elderly.
21. Learn a foreign language. Take a class, buy a book, or even download an app. When you've learned the basics, you can even treat yourself to a trip.Westend61
22. Indulge in a spa treatment. Book a massage or a facial and spend the whole day being pampered. (If that's not in the budget, take a bath, give yourself an at-home facial, and call it a day.)
23. Do a hair mask. You're not going to be inclined to sit with wet, conditioner-slicked hair in front of a group of people, so seize the alone time to treat your tresses.
24. Hit the bookstore. You could download an e-book, but there's something special about perusing a bookstore's aisles and holding a paperback in your hands.В KatarzynaBialasiewicz
25. Re-decorate your living room. Or bedroom, or bathroom, or office. Whether you get inspired to do a full-on renovation or just want to rearrange your furniture, a new look will make your space (and you) feel fresh.
26. Head to a coffee shop. Bring your computer or book and work or read outside of your home. A change of scene can help inspire you.
27. Catch up on your favorite magazines. You know that stack that been's piling up on your desk for months? Now's the time to tackle it.В
28. Experiment with make-up. You're not going to be inclined to try out a new, bold smokey eye before a date or dinner with your friends, so check out some YouTube videos and tutorials and play around with makeup when you have the time for some mess-ups.
29. Meditate. If you never turn your brain off, this one's for you.
30. Write. Write a book, write letters, write a blog-let your creativity flow when you have solitude and no one around to interrupt.В Caiaimage/Rafal Rodzoch
31. DIY. It sounds intimidating, but if you spend the time researching, we bet you can absolutely pull off that IKEA hack you've been eye-ing on social media for months.
32. Get crafting. Whether your skills lean more towards painting, sewing, or pottery, get in touch with your inner artist.